Monday, May 19, 2008

Note to Vice



I've been looking forward to the Vice Magazine produced doc, Heavy Metal In Baghdad, for some time and wish I could be in Seattle to see it at SIFF, but is this the proper way to promote a screening?

Friday, the feature-length version of Vice/VBS's five-year-long investigation into the lives of Iraq's best metal band begins a limited theatrical release in New York and LA ...and for all of you who live somewhere bogus like Austin or Seattle, for once you're in luck. Tomorrow night and this weekend we are hosting screenings in each of these cultureless cesspools. You're welcome.


I mean, okay, I agree about Austin. I lived there for three-and-a-half years and it is a cultureless cesspool [and it's too fucking hot], so there's no love lost there, but Seattle? Hey, those are my people! So, on behalf of Seattle, fuck you, Vice Magazine!

Oh, and congratulations on what looks to be a terrific film.

Heavy Metal In Baghdad
USA, 2007, 84 min.
SIFF Cinema
Saturday May 24, 9:30 PM
Sunday May 25, 11:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment