Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 - What I Liked

I enjoyed a number of films this year and kept a log of everything I saw. And yet, compiling a top 10 list or a top 20 list or any such list is difficult. I don't feel comfortable ranking the things I saw. I did like some films more than others, but sometimes by an infinitesimal amount; sometimes I loved a film while watching it, but ended up liking it a little less upon reflection or vice versa. Some films I saw, because everyone was seeing them and I liked them, but not as much as everyone else. At least, I didn't think they were the canon-worthy classics everyone made them out to be. Also, I'm not sure how many of the films I saw would be considered 2007 releases, a lot of them played NY, LA, pretty much everywhere, before they came to Seattle. So, here's a list of some of the films I liked, in the order in which I saw them.

Ghost Rider
Zodiac
Life In Loops
4 Elements
Murch
King of Kong
Svobodnoe plavanie [Free Floating]
The Pervert's Guide to Cinema
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man
La Stella che non c'/(R) [Missing Star]
Red Road
Superbad
Quiet City
Jack Mitchell: My Life Is Black and White
Brand Upon The Brain!
Control
Charming Augustine
No Country For Old Men
Southland Tales
I'm Not There
Lynch
Juventude Em Marcha [Colossal Youth]
Sweeney Todd
Le Scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and The Butterfly]


No comments:

Post a Comment