Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Amie's (Somewhat Eclectic) Top 10 for 2008

Seriously: The Fall is one of the best movies I've ever seen.


1. The Fall (Tarsem Singh)
2. Transsiberian (Brad Anderson)
3. The Dark Knight (Christopher Nolan)
4. The Bank Job (Roger Donaldson)
5. American Teen (Nanette Burstein)
6. Doubt (John Patrick Shanley)
7. Be Kind Rewind (Michel Gondry)
8. My Winnipeg (Guy Maddin)
9. Ben X (Nic Balthazar)
10. WALL-E (Andrew Stanton)

My list is kind of strange in that I haven't seen very many of the big Globe contenders (thanks, snowstorm!) - so I had to cobble it together from what I had seen. Thankfully, I keep a running list.

Note: If I had my way, Sita Sings the Blues would be included, but sadly it's still waiting for distribution. I'm crossing my fingers that'll happen soon and I can put in on my 2009 list. :)

Image from Roger Ebert.com (Lee Pace and Catinca Untaru).


1 comment:

  1. Thrilled to see another vote for "The Bank Job." Really wish more people had seen it, and that Jason Statham would make more movies of this caliber. He's really good--and so is everyone else (Keeley Dawes, Saffron Burrows, etc.). Best heist film in ages.

    ReplyDelete