Monday, June 16, 2008

My final SIFF 2008 film: Donkey Punch

DonkeyPunch.jpg

Start with three hot chicks, add four mildly-hot guys, a boat, some alcohol and various drugs and of course you're going to end up with an orgy in the middle of the ocean that eventually ends in massive bloodshed.

From the second they explained what a "Donkey Punch" was, I thought "Oh no, they're not going to do THAT are they??" and then they did. Despite that, there were still a few surprises that broke through the pretty formulaic script, and there's a splatter-fest and some decent acting that's pushing me to rate this a bit higher than normal. Overall it had some good moments - it just took an awfully long time to get to them. Not recommended unless you're a hardcore horror fan like me, who's really, really curious. ;)

Donkey Punch screened at the 34th Annual Seattle International Film Festival this year, and was directed by Oliver Blackburn. I was unable to find a release date for Seattle (my search skills seem to have deteriorated after the Closing Night gin-fest...).

1 comment: