Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Recommendations: Dancing, singing high school students + wriggling foreheads

There's a few films coming up that I greatly enjoyed, so I wanted to clue you in so you don't miss them.

Daespo Naughty Girls is a comedy-musical-fantasy that pokes fun at Korean culture, and teenagers in particular. Based on an internet comic called Dasepo Sonyo, this film is definitely a future cult classic. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life, and it was the most fun I've had in awhile. You've got one more chance to see it at SIFF today - Wednesday, June 6th: 4:15pm @ The Egyptian.

Another of my favorites is Trail of the Screaming Forehead. Directed by Larry Blamire (who gave us The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra), this 50s style creature feature gives us a group of alien foreheads who attach themselves to townspeople in order to execute world domination - again, with the laughing. Playing Friday June 8th: 9:30pm @ SIFF Cinema, and Friday June 14th: 4pm @ The Egyptian.

No comments:

Post a Comment